2012-08-28

Crimson Lips & Dainty Red Pouts

Been saving this blog post for a collaboration blog with fellow make up addict Keely Kuk, but since it's  taking some time, I'll just publish it here first.


I have a fetish that borders on the insane- Lipsticks.
To be more precise, I have this unyielding lust for dark red, highly pigmented, matte lipsticks. There is something about the color deep ruby red that emanates decadence, sensuality, as well as a nostalgic whiff of old Hollywood glamour.
I might be a beginner to the world of makeup, but this intense craving for lip lacquers is definitely a natural extension of who I am.
One day when I am lain, I would have my Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Mascate go into the dark with me. I simply refuse to go without it- it is unthinkable to see any man part with a piece of his soul.
(Me in my Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Mascate, sorry for the blurriness...)

What is so good about Nars Pure Matte Lipsticks then?
Anyone who is acquainted with matte lipsticks would know that this special genre of lip products has the most undesirable trait of drying up one’s lips (making it feel and look prune-like).
Nars Pure Matte Lipsticks on the other hand, have the most moisturizing formula ever, thanks to the inclusion of wild mango butter. Upon using this God-sent wonder, I never again felt like my mouth was morphing into some kind of prune-like hybrid. Goodbye raisin pouts!

Apart from its “least drying” virtue, it is also an angel to apply. Some other brands come up with matte lipsticks that are so dry, people find it a pain to put on. You know, all the tugging and pulling at the lips. I never had this problem with my Nars Pure Matte Lipstick, for its velvety texture translates into sheer gliding-on pleasure. Not to mention, it is so very pigmented and opaque in color- unleash your inner femme fatale with just one swipe!

As with many matte lipsticks I have, Nars pure matte lipsticks are very longwearing. I can eat all the greasy burgers I care to have, drink my way through my every day dosage of full fat coke, yet never worry about it looking horrid. Longwearing (lasts more than 6 hours on me), it also never feathers, bleeds or stains. A true Objet d’art!

Moving on to the issue of color, I am an Asian with sun-kissed skin, so I belong to the sect of “warm-toned reds”. To make things more complicated, I am very particular about my scarlets, only going after dark reds that are neutral (neither warm or cool), or brown-based. Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Mascate falls into the former category  (a neutral- toned true red) and is a decadent looking, glamorous deep red.  It is beyond a doubt, my classic rouge, which goes with anything I wear.

What made me buy my Nars Pure Matte Lipstick in Mascate in the first place? I was looking for matte reds that would work on people with colored skin (No, I am not a racist!!!). Then I came across this photo. It was then that I knew I just had to buy whatever the model was wearing on her ethereally perfect pout.



A slight drawback though, as with many other Nars products, its Pure Matte Lipsticks are quite pricey, this time perhaps even more so, given the miniscule quantity ($25 for 0.07 oz). However, it's certainly worth your money- I'm definitely getting another when this tube is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment